The safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe.
These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Mask wearing is optional. (Please let us know if you have any concerns)
- We Disinfect Well & Often
- Call Us With Any Questions
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- No paperwork – appointments now require advanced pre-registration and COVID questionnaire via email or text
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Patients may be asked to wait in the hallway reception area for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time. You will be texted when you can come in.
- We will ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally.
- Dispense and pick up your glasses and contact lenses from our hallway waiting area.
- Masks are optional.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face masks as needed.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Cleaning at the end of each day
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be available.